Amped Wireless is a name that has gathered a lot of praise in the recent times. This is frankly due to the quality of the devices that the customers received across the board; they are well-built, come with endless support and have a long life. One of such Amped Wireless router is the Amped Wireless Athena-R2 device.
This Amped Wireless router has been known to be the epitome of the devices owned by them. The crown jewel can is also both cost-effective and bountiful of a plethora of features. These range from long range to high-speed internet providing ability.
However, the most interesting and important feature of the device itself is the ability of be setup easier than what we could have anticipated. With a few simple steps you can complete the entire Amped Wireless Athena setup process.
Before we can continue with the Amped Wireless Athena-R2 though, there are a few hardware connections that you would need to make in order to easily login to the device. These are given in the steps mentioned below:
- The first thing that you would need to do is to power down your modem. Remove the existing router from the connectivity.
- Pick up your new Amped Wireless Athena-R2 device and connect its antennas to the device. Use an Ethernet cable and connect the LAN port of the modem to the Internet port of your Amped Wireless Athena-R2 device. Plug it in to power it up.
- You would also need a PC or a laptop to login to the device to complete the Amped Wireless Athena setup. Connect an Ethernet cable from the LAN port of the PC to the LAN port of you Amped wireless device.
With all the required wireless connections complete, let’s quickly jump in to find what the Amped Wireless support says about device setup steps:
- Step 1: The first thing that you are needed to do is to connect to the Amped Wireless router and use your PC or Laptop for the same. If you are connected using a wired connection, you will gain access to the network. If not, you need to connect via a wireless connection using the SSID and the password of the Wireless router.
- Step 2: On the device connected to the router, open a web browser.
- Step 3: On the address bar, type the following web address: http://setup.ampedwireless.com/. This is the default web page of the Amped Wireless device. Use it to log into the router anytime you want. If for some reason the web address doesn’t open up, go to the IP address 192.168.3.1
- Step 4: Once the login page opens up, use the default password to login to the device. To know the default password, call us on our toll free number or chat live with us. Our technicians can help you in setting up the entire device.
- Step 5: Once you log in for the first time, the Amped wireless Setup wizard initiates. Click next to continue with it.
- Step 6: The Setup wizard will detect the type of internet connection that you have and will try to configure itself appropriately. You will see a green check mark when it finishes this step successfully.
- Step 7: Type in the appropriate SSID name and password for both the wireless channels (as the Amped Wireless Athena-R2 is a dual-band device).
- Step 8: The router will also now ask you to select the default password of the device itself. Call the Amped Wireless support to know anything more about it.
- Step 9: The device will show you all the settings that you have selected. Choose finish to complete the Amped Wireless Athena setup.
If you need any other assistance, call us on our toll-free number as we have years of knowledge and experience working on Amped Wireless Devices. Congratulations, your Amped Wireless device is now fully configured.
You can now connect to the internet and surf the internet seamlessly.