The Amped WiFi extender is among the top extenders of all time. If you’re tired of dead zones in your house, this extender is the perfect choice for you. The extender offers a top-quality internet connection along with impeccable network coverage. You can make the most of this extender by proceeding with the Amped SR150 setup. The correct setup will ensure the proper functioning of the extender. Thus, you must know the proper procedure for the Amped wireless setup. After the setup, you can say goodbye to all dead zones in your house.
If you want to know the complete process for the Amped SR150 setup, we are here with you. We have made this post to help users with the setup. This post will cover the thorough process for the setup. We will also go over the issues you could face along with the troubleshooting methods.
Requirements for the Amped Wireless Setup
To set up the Amped wireless extender, there are some things you must have. With all the necessary things, you can set up the extender correctly. You require the following things for the setup:
- A setup router
- An Ethernet cable
- A web browser
- Your smartphone or PC
These are some requirements you must have to set up the Amped wireless extender. Further, we will go over the steps for the setup.
Steps for the Amped SR150 Setup
With all the requirements you can set up the Amped extender. You just need to access the web interface and then you can set up the extender correctly. To access the web interface, you require the setup.ampedwireless.com address. Through this address, you can access the web interface and set up the extender. You can also set up the extender using the WPS button. The steps for both methods are as follows:
Amped SR150 Setup Via setup.ampedwireless.com
- To begin with, connect your smartphone or PC to the extender’s network.
- You can use an Ethernet cable to connect your PC to the extender’s network.
- Now, power on the extender and the router and place them in the same room.
- On that device, open a browser and enter setup.ampedwireless.com in the address bar.
- Hereon, the web interface of the extender will appear on the screen.
- The extender will search for all the available networks around the extender.
- After that, select your network and enter the WiFi password to form a connection.
- Give the extender some time to form a connection with the router successfully.
- Once the connection is successful, you can configure the extender’s settings.
- At last, save the settings, and relocate the extender near the dead zones.
Amped Wireless Setup Via WPS
- Firstly, power on the extender and the router and keep them together.
- Now, locate the WPS button on the extender and press it.
- Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on the router.
- Wait for the extender to connect to the router successfully.
- Once the connection is successful, the WPS LED on the extender will stabilize.
- Finally, relocate the extender and keep it by the dead zones.
These are the methods you can use for the Amped SR150 setup issues. You must configure the extender’s settings correctly. Ensure to place the extender near the dead zones but not too far from the router. If the extender is too far from the router, the connection will break. Thus, you must keep the extender inside the router’s range only.
Troubleshooting the Amped SR150 Setup Issues
If you are having trouble logging into the web interface, you must fix it. You cannot configure the extender’s settings properly without logging in. There are various methods you can use to fix the issues. Some effective ones are as follows:
Form a Connection
- To access the extender’s web interface, you must have a connection with the extender.
- Without a connection with the extender, you cannot access the extender’s login page.
- Thus, ensure to connect your smartphone or PC to the extender’s network.
- You can connect your smartphone to the extender from the WiFi settings.
- To connect your PC to the extender’s network, you must have an Ethernet cable.
Use the Correct Web Address
- Another reason is that you are using the incorrect web address to log in.
- The correct web address is setup.ampedwireless.com, you can log in via this address.
- You can also use the default IP address as well to access the extender’s interface.
- The default IP address is written on the router’s back, on the product panel.
- You can log in using this and then try again with the Amped wireless setup.
Fix the Web Browser
- There could be issues within the web browser as well causing the setup issues.
- Before you log into the web interface, erase the browser cache and cookies.
- Also, disable any firewall or ad-blocker from the web browser, as it causes issues.
- Check if the web browser requires an update and update it accordingly.
- If the issue persists, you must use another web browser for the setup.
These are some effective methods you can use to fix the Amped SR150 setup issues. Now, you should be able to log in and set up the extender correctly. We have discussed the complete procedure for the setup. If there are any issues you experience with the extender, feel free to get in touch with our team anytime.