The Amped Wireless SR600EX is the latest high-power repeater with advanced features and functionality. If you are tired of dead zones in your house, this device is perfect for you. With the help of this device, you can receive a high-speed internet connection in all corners. You must proceed with the Amped wireless SR600EX setup to start using this device.
Setting up the extender is crucial to ensure optimal functioning of the device. The setup includes connecting your extender with the router. Once the extender has a proper connection, it’ll extend its network. Without a proper setup, the extender will not function at all.
So, you must know the complete procedure for the Amped wireless setup. For this, we are here with this post to help users with the setup. We are here with this post to help users with the setup. This post will explain the complete procedure. We will also discuss the setup issues you can face along with the troubleshooting methods.
What Do You Need for the Amped Wireless SR600EX Setup?
There are some things you must have to set up the Amped extender accurately. With all the necessities, you can set up the extender easily. You require the following things:
- An Ethernet cable
- The IP address/ setup.ampedwireless.com
- An active connection
- Your smartphone or PC
These are some things you must have for the setup. Further, we will go over the complete process for the setup.
Steps for the Amped Wireless Setup
To set up the extender, you can use two methods. You can either set it up through the web browser or the WPS button. For the former method, you are required to log into the router’s admin panel. In the other method, you just need to ensure your router supports the WPS feature. Follow the below-mentioned steps to set up the extender:
Amped Wireless SR600EX Setup Via Web Interface
- To begin with, place the extender and the router in the same room and power them on.
- Now, connect your device to the extender’s network for the setup.
- You can also use an Ethernet cable to connect your PC to the extender.
- On that device, open a web browser and type setup.ampedwireless.com in the URL bar.
- Hereon, the extender’s web interface will appear and you can proceed with the setup.
- You need to click Scan to search for all the available networks around the extender.
- After that, select your network and enter the password to form a connection.
- Give the extender some time to form a connection with the router successfully.
- At last, you can relocate the extender after the setup and connect your devices to it.
Amped Wireless Setup Through the WPS Button
- Primarily, to enable the WPS features of the extender, you need to log into the interface.
- You can log in using the IP address or the setup.ampedwireless.com address.
- Once you are logged in, enable the WPS feature and follow the instructions.
- When the extender’s WPS is enabled, you need to press the WPS button on the router.
- Wait till the extender and the router have a proper connection for optimal performance.
- Finally, place the extender somewhere else and connect your devices to it.
These are the steps for the Amped wireless SR600EX setup. Ensure to follow the steps carefully to set up the extender properly. After the setup, you can place the extender near the dead zones. Just ensure to keep the extender inside the router’s range only. If you are having trouble setting up the extender, keep reading ahead.
How to Fix the Amped Wireless SR600EX Setup Issues?
If you are having trouble setting up the Amped extender, you must fix it. There are several methods you can use to fix the setup problems. Some effective troubleshooting methods are as follows:
Keep the Extender and the Router Closer
- During the setup, you need to ensure the extender and the router are closeby.
- If the devices are too far from each other, you will have trouble setting them up.
- Just ensure to place them together and power them on properly for optimal functioning.
- Also, after the setup, ensure to keep the extender inside the router’s range.
- This should fix the Amped wireless setup issues.
Use the Correct WiFi Password
- Ensure to enter the correct password to connect your extender to the WiFi.
- Using the incorrect password, you cannot connect the extender to the WiFi.
- If you have recently changed the WiFi password, the extender will disconnect.
- You need to reconnect the extender to the WiFi using the new password.
- If you have forgotten the WiFi password, you can reset the router.
- The factory default settings will restore and you can connect using the default password.
Power On the Devices
- Ensure to power the extender and the router on for optimal functioning.
- Without a stable power source, you cannot set up the extender properly.
- So, check the power source of the extender and the router and ensure it’s working.
- Otherwise, you must plug the extender and router into another power outlet.
- This should efficiently eliminate the Amped wireless setup issues.
Reset the Extender
- If no other method is working, you must reset the extender.
- The reset will fix all glitches and bugs within the device.
- To reset the extender, locate the reset button on the extender.
- Now, press the reset button and hold it for some time.
- After 10 seconds, you can release the button.
- All factory default settings will be back and you can set up the extender from scratch.
These are the effective methods you can use to fix the Amped wireless SR600EX setup issues. Now, you should be able to set up the extender properly and make the most of it. Once the setup is complete, you can start using it accordingly. We have also discussed the setup issues in this blog. If there’s any other issue you face with your extender, you must get in touch with our team right away.