With its long-range coverage, Amped is a leading brand in making high-quality routers. Amped wireless routers can be used in houses and offices. Amped routers are built with 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology. Due to this 802.11 ac Wi-Fi technology, transferring the large files is very easy with your Amped router. You can also enjoy your 4k videos without any buffering with the help of Amped routers.
The following blog helps you in resolving the problem; if my amped stopped working. Amped wireless router is mainly designed for business needs. Your amped router is built with high power amplifiers to extend your wireless signals. Some of the basic troubleshooting tips for amped router are listed below:
- First, you need to check that is it really the amped router which is the problem in itself.
- To verify whether it is the amped which causes the problem? An amped router has a green power LED light and a red protect LED light. In case, both the red and green light is not on then continues to further steps.
- You need to make sure that the power is connected to the battery and also connected to a 12V terminal of your router amped.
- You need to test the REM. REM is a small wire usually blue in color and thin which tells the amped that radio is on or not.
- If you need to check the power of REM, you need to place a small wire in the 12V terminal and another end in the REM terminal. If the amped turns on then the REM is working.
- You can also check the fuse. To check the fuse, pull the fuse out and check that the metal thing inside is not broken.
If the power, REM and the fuse are not the problems then your amped router is dead.
You can also reset your amped router into its factory default settings if your router is not working. To reset the amped router, follow the steps given below:
- The reset button is situated at the back of your amped router.
- With the help of a pin, press the reset button and hold it for ten seconds.
- Release the button after ten seconds.
- When the router is reset the LED light will change into green or white and the router will be reset into its factory default settings.
When the router is successfully reset, the distinctive settings of your router will also reset. So, in that case, you can change all your details.
To change your amped router’s username and password kindly follows the steps as listed below;
- In your browser enter www.setup.ampedwireless.com in the URL bar.
- You can see the amped router login page on your screen.
- Fill in the login credentials as asked, which are case sensitive.
- After the login process, the dashboard will appear on your screen.
- Now, check for the Wi-Fi setting option. In which you will find the network name (SSID) and the password field.
- Enter the new password and the new username which you want to use.
- Then click on ‘save’ to apply your changes.
Thus, by using the above methods we hope that the problem regarding “my amped not working” is resolved. If you face any problem you can call us on our toll-free number. We will be very happy to help you.